Ben has been a professional genealogist since 2007, and a historical researcher since 1997. He currently owns and operates Roots and Branches Family History, a historical research business focussing on German-Australian research, and as well as offering a variety of support services to historical researchers via the History Helper service. Ben has been the co-convenor of the Germanic & Continental European SIG of Genealogy SA since 2014 and also serves as Executive Officer of the German-Australian Genealogy and History Alliance, a network of societies, archives and researchers. He is also an inaugural board member of the International German Genealogy Partnership.
A Certified Professional with the Australian Library and Information Association and a director of the Association of Professional Genealogists, Ben believes in the value of continuing education and professionalism and . He holds tertiary qualifications in information management, educational management, and applied history, and vocational qualifications in business management and event management and design.
- Graduate Diploma in Local, Family and Applied History (University of New England - Australia)
- Graduate Certificate in Applied History and Heritage Studies (Flinders University of South Australia)
- Graduate Certificate in Adult, Vocational and Workplace Learning (Educational Leadership and Management) (University of South Australia)
- Bachelor of Arts (Library and Information Management) (University of South Australia)
- Industry Certificate In Festival and Event Design and Management (Flinders University)
- Diploma of Business (Frontline Management)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- South Australian Genealogy and Heraldry Society
- Guild of One Name Studies
- Die MAUS Bremen: Gesellschaft für Familienforschung